|Picture: An adorable sight on a walk in early March|
(wearing Putredistance No. 12) -
Shetland Ponies are the cutiest.
Photo: Parfumista (c)
March 2022 - some notes about the SOTD.
1. Chance Eau Tendre Edp (Chanel) Musky light rosy, fruity - pink with lilac nuance
2. Angel Edp (Mugler) The ultimate mulitfacetted gourmand.
3. Sheiduna Extrait (Puredistance) Glowing, golden spicy ambery like sun rays over desert dunes.
4. Sheiduna Extrait (Puredistance) on repeat, one of my top Puredistances.
5. Warszawa Extrait (Puredistance) the dark fresh moss paired with dark plum in such a elegant way.
6. Gucci Oud Edp (Gucci) raspberry and dark pink rose over patchouli and well balanced oud.
7. Puredistance No 12 Extrait (Puredistance) A seamless blend of rose, iris and an accord like cristal clerar water with a tiny bit of exclusive soap over a velvet smooth patchouli. Blue. Another of my top Puredistances.
8. Puredistance No 12 Extrait (Puredistance) another day in this beauty.
9. Peut Etre Edp (Maison Lancome) Light pink rose over musk, very pleasant and uncomplicated.
10. Lost in the city Edp (Miller Harris) Tangy rhubarb over rose with some zing from blackberry, close to Hermes Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate, which I like better, one of my favorites from the Hermes colognes.
11. Café Tuberosa Edp (Atelier Cologne) Thick tubereuse, dark chocolade and dark coffe in a delicious blend.
12. Café Tuberosa Edp (Atelier Cologne) Couldn't resist it for another day.
13. Essence de Patchouli Edp (Perris Monte Carlo) Soapy, sort of dusty, musky dark and cold patchouli, with a touch of something that reminds me of a burning mosquito coil in a positive way. Unusual.
14. Coromandel Edt (Chanel Les Exclusifs) Earthy and clean patchouli over a balanaced dry dark chocolade amber, less sweet and more structured than the current Edp. The Edp is also very good although I prefer the Edt slightly.
15. Borneo 1834 Edp (Serge Lutens) Earthy fresh slight herbal-menthol dry dark chocolate patchouli. Not as elegant as Coromandel, outdoorsy, classy - casual
16. Akkad Edp (Lubin) Warm, sunny, sort of desert amber, delicious, perfect for snuggling.
17 Ambre 114 (Histoires de Parfums) Dark, herbal amber, leaning to the masculine side, classic styled amber, slight "old man" style.
18. Concentre d'Orange Verte (Hermès) I like the Concentre better for colder months with it's thicker texture and a hint of a note that reminds me of licorie which is not present in the Eau d'Orange Verte. Both variations on a unique intermpretation of the classic colognetheme.
19. After My Own Heart (Ineke) Lovely smooth lilac with fruity notes. Comforting, warmer, sweeter and with more body than En Passant (Fredric Malle).
20. Eau de Soir Edp (Sisley) Elegant and sparkling like Champagne, I think of it as colored in gold and white, cool with beautiful, light, uplifting mossy notes. Have something in common with Puredistance No 12, similar texture and mode. Referring to a batch from mid -00, before the oakmoss regulations.
21. No 5 Eau Première (Chanel) Smoother, sunnier, warmer not as serious cold and chalky as No 5 Edt. Easier to wear, lighter with the aldehydes. Classy. Referring to the 2008 version.
22. Concentre d'Orange Verte (Hermès) Sunny and early spring outside inspires to wear the green orange again. For the evening No 5 Eau Première (Chanel) on repeat.
23. Gabrielle Essence Edp (Chanel) A warm floral heart with a contrasting touch of tart notes probably from the fruity topnotes. Very pleasant, the perfect inoffensive officescent. Just like the greener and colder Gabrielle Edp.
24. Gabrielle Essence Edp (Chanel) Again - It just smells so good and is so easy to wear.
25. Dune Edt (Dior) Late 1990s formula of Dune, dry, salty, sandy, warm, sunny, high blue sky with glimpses of the sea in the horizon. Still so special.
26. Dune Edt (Dior) Couldn't resist another day in Dune, it's perfect to warming up this cold, windy Saturday.
27. Orchid Leather Edp (Van Cleef & Arpels) Dark, plummy leather, concentrated, a bit too masculine for me.
28: Nothing sick in flu or something similar.
29: The same
30: The same
31: Red Roses Cologne (Jo Malone) Feels better celebrating with a few spritzes of this wonderful natural clean and calming rose.
It seems as Puredistance and Chanel (again) are the most worn during the month.