lördag 28 december 2013

Best of 2013

Picture: Summer evening in Stockholm Archipelago 2013
Photo: Mr Parfumista (c)
2013 was another year with a flood of releases, many good and well constructed but too close to other perfumes too really catch my attention. The fragrances of the best of list are such that immidiately caught my attention and a "wow" feeling appeared.

For Her: Le Parfum Couture Denis Durand pour M.Micallef Already during my first wearing of this dark rosy, retro, skanky perfume I knew this would be the perfume of the year to me and it made it to the end.

For Him: Royal Vintage from M.Micallef fresh mangled, exquisite, linen tablecloths worthy a the Royal table. Notes of a just lit cigarette with hints of a minimalistic dry jasmine complements.

For Both: Oumma by Stéphane Lucas Humbert 777 a runner up tested the weekend before Christmas. A fragrance in a class of its own, balsamic resins, rose and a smooth expression of saffron and precious woods.

Close runner up's/ Honorable mentions: Oriza L.Legrand Chypre Mousse, Neela Vermiere Cretations Mohur Extrait, Andy Tauer PHI Rose the Kandahar, Robert Piguet Rose Perfection, Puredistance Black, By Kilian Playing with the Devil, Oliver Durbano Lapis Philosophorum and Aedes de Venustas Iris Nazarena.

2013 apperantly was a good year for Martine Micallef and her house nose Jean-Claude Astier, releasing special and wearable fragrances that stands out to me and make my jaded nose a bit excitetd. The sampling of Oumma was pure luck, random choosing from a sachet of Aus Liebe zum Duft samples. About all the fragranes which almost made it (I'm also almost sure I've forgot to mention some interesting releases): They are all very good and I or Mr Parfumista are delighted to wear them.

Which fragrance is your best of 2013?

6 kommentarer:

  1. Mina bästa 2013:
    Jour d'Hermes - min bästa humörhöjare och vardagsparfym. På mig gör den ett kast från grape till viol i början, och jag tröttnar aldrig på detta! :)
    Montale Attar - ååå, trodde aldrig att denna typ av parfym var för mig men så fel jag hade! Älskar den och bara måste investera i en hel flaska nu när mitt prov snart är slut (ångest!) Stort tack till dig!
    PHI Une rose de Kandahar - precis så bra som alla säger!

    Ha det gott/Eva S.

    SvaraRadera
  2. J d'H är precis som du säger en perfekt vardagsparfym som jag ser det damsidans motsvarighet till fantastiska Terre som ju redan är en klassiker.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I liked both of your "best": I think about getting a bottle of Le Parfum Couture Denis Durand and once my vSO's mini bottle is done (he wore it yesterday and it was great!) I'll be looking for more.
    I haven't looked through my records yet (I'll do it soon for the year statistics post) but one new perfume that I want to mention is Amour de Palazzo by Jul et Mad.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It's almost strange that two such good fragrances (in different genres) as these two Micallef's are released in such a short period of time. Haven't tested some of the Jul et Mads yet, but probably will next year.

      Radera
  4. Do I need Royal Vintage? No matter, I want it. I have not walked down M. Micallef Road yet on this fragrant journey. I will take RV as a signpost and visit that address soon. Fragrant Moments also has that one on his list.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Yes you need it! Even with an extensive fragrance collection this one will have its own place. Elegant and intriguing but in the same time easy to wear.

    SvaraRadera

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.