torsdag 21 juni 2012

The Midsummer Fragrance

Picture: Midsummer Dance (Midsommardans).
Oil on canvas by Anders Zorn, 1897, Wikimedia Commons

Tomorrow it's midsummer eve and today it's the lightest day of the year, tomorow it turns to be darker. Every year I write an entry about proper (or maybe improper) midsummer fragrances. Last year was midsummer in Chanel Cristalle Edt as I was in a Chanel mood. This year I'm in no particular mood (except maybe Annick Goutal as I'm so appreciate Nuit Etoileé and also La Violette) so I havn't got the slightest idea of what to wear.

Today I'm wearing Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland and it's leathery, coconutty smell is not especially midsummerlike. The only association to midsummer I get from ToF is Finland as Finland is our neighbour country and also celebrates the midsummer eve. I received the Tom of Finland sample from my friend Fragrantfanatic yesterday during our pleasant, monthly perfumelunch. FF then told about a perfume that has supported her in the grief of her grandfather, see her touching entry here . FF also let me test from her sample of the new, not yet released, Mito from Vero Kern. Pure, sparkling, wonderful greenness, a must have. Can't place the fragrance already, but it reminds me of some other green beauty.

I wish you a merry Midsummer weekend!

2 kommentarer:

  1. I ended up wearing Vero Kern Rubj EdP for midsummer, as I wanted something happy and uninhibited to suit the midummer pole dancing (which is probably NOT what any un-Swedish readers might be imagining...). Thank you so much for the mention and I'm looking forward to seeing you again in August :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. What a coincidence that we both ended up wearing oranngeblossom dominated scents - you the more sprightly Rubj EDP and me the more cosy Jabu,- telephaty? Also looking forward to seeing you in the late summer!

    SvaraRadera

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.